Saturday, January 9, 2010

I'll miss you

People who know me know that I'm seldomly lost for words, but no I am. Leaving Mathare and all my friends there behind is one of the hardest things I've had to do. I don't know what else to say, than to mention a few of the reasons why Mathare has the Presidential Suite in my heart.


Making chapatis for the first time at Anto and Malonza's place. They didn't turn out very tasty, but we had so much fun making them!


Esther and I during our Christmas bash. I can't imagine any better way of spending Christmas than together with 120 of my very much loved friends from Mathare.


Chilling at a Hamburger-place after taking class 6 at Mathare Worship Centre to the museum and to town.


Being counselled before doing my first HIV-test ever. Fortunately it turned out negative.


Together with my "tall friend Bravura", one of the many musical talents in the Eastlands.


The Recreation Factory, where the magic happens, and the stars of tomorrow are born and raised.


My first meeting with Esther. Since then her family has become among my close friends in Mathare.


Redecorating the Daycare, one of our moments of pride and our definite icebreaker with the MWC.


Tired after a day of painting lions, Jesus and a big boat!


Together with Esther and Matei. She is 4 years old, he is 2. Would you think?


Together with two of our definite heartbreakers in the daycare, Francis and Stevey.



My fantastic team, Flokken! Thank you for three months of fun, creativity, arguing, spontanity, immoral jokes at the dinner table, funny quotes and everything else that makes you special! Thank you for your support in hard times, and for sharing my joy in good times. I love you all, and I wish you the best in your new Kenyan adventures! Knuseklem!!!

1 comment: