Monday, February 22, 2010

The photos are here!


Finally I have found a way of transferring my photos! So here are a few pictures from my world in Eldoret. These photos are mainly of our everyday life; Christian Union photos will be coming soon.


This is the village of Kamukunji, my home untill the end of March. I have come to love the place a lot! The photo is taken from my favourite spot at Reflection Hill.

This is inside our plot, which is usually full of kids, chickens, cows and every other thing you can imagine.

My front door: the one you should be looking out for if you feel like stopping by for a visit.

This is the kitchen area, complete with a gas cooker, a sink and a shelf for storage.

This is the bedroom: Carol and I are taking turns in sleeping on the bed and the mattress.

This is the office, where I can be stuck for hours reading.

This is the dining area, which can hold a total of two people, or four if you get creative.

This is Luis, our neighbour. He usually stops by every so often, especially when we are cooking.

These are the guys from my last blog post: Job, Samuel, Wilson, and Ken asleep on the bed.

Job: 12 years old, really bright, makes really good ugali and has become a good friend of mine.

Ken fell asleep almost as soon as we reached Hillary's house. I guess it had been some time since he had such a soft surface to sleep on.

I invited Ken to visit our house yesterday, and ended up with 14 kids in our tiny, one-room house.

It was a bit crowded, but we all had a great time!

The kids had a blast listening to music and taking photos of one another.

More pictures will be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment