Thursday, February 25, 2010

Psalm of the day

This psalm is to be found in the book that we use for staff praise and worship.

Lord, I was blind! I could not see
In Thy marred visage any grace.
But now the beauty of Thy face
In radiant vision dawns on me.

Lord, I was deaf! I could not hear
The thrilling music of Thy voice.
But now I hear Thee and rejoice
And all Thine uttered words are dear.

Lord, I was dumb! I could not speak
The grace and glory of Thy name.
But now, as touched with living flame
My lips Thine eager praises wake.

Lord, I was dead! I could not stir
My lifeless soul to come to Thee.
But now, since Thou has quickened me
I rise from sin's dark selpuchre.

For Thou hast made the blind to see,
The deaf to hear, the dumb to speak,
The dead to live; and lo, I break
The chains of my captivity.

1 comment: